Sunday, April 03, 2016

Sesame Street Zentangle? Doodle?


Hi there!

I got this cute Sesame street coloring book (my husband got it for me while he was on a business trip to Mexico, love!) the other day and had to try and color them. Had to. You know how it is when you just have to try something.

It's regular coloring book for kids, so it's quite simple and no patterns like coloring book for adults. I started doodling instead of simple coloring and ended up like this. My Cookie monster still seems very happy ! But my writing hand is so heavy after doodling hundreds of circles...

Often said that the coloring reduces stress and promote creativity. According to the American Art Therapy Association, art therapy is a mental health profession in which the process of making and creating artwork is used to "explore feelings, reconcile emotional conflicts, foster self-awareness, manage behaviour and addictions, develop social skills, improve reality orientation, reduce anxiety and increase self-esteem."

Ha! so many health benefits. Sure, I feel better after coloring, doodling, and zentangle... whichever. I'm not quite sure what is the difference between "doodle" and "zentangle". Anyhow, I like them both, it's fun activity and make me happy.

Have you tried coloring yet?

Photos by emBroider

 
このエントリーをはてなブックマークに追加

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...